2022 Ford Superduty Lake City Performance PCM Swap
You will need:
Ford FDRS you can download and purchase a two-day licence https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/VDIRS/wds/vcm_retail_renewal_Latest.asp
You will need an Compatible J2534 interface such as a Ford VCM2/3, Drew Technologies Mongoose will work as well and is the best value.
If you have no PATS access we will do remote access and do this for you as you will need to have extra subscription.
ATTENTION; if at all have a question we can remote access it and do it all for you you but we will need a heads up !! Download Teamviewer
Dear customer please follow these instructions step by step and do not skip any steps.
Before you start turn OFF data sharing and diagnostics of in your radio.
- 1.You must have access to Ford FDRS with VCM3 or J2534 Device to perform a parameter reset as stated in item description on our website.
- 2.If you do not have the tool, you must take it to your dealer.
- 3.Make sure your vehicle is at the location where the parameter reset can be done either at home with your own or at the dealer.
- 4.Remove the battery, unplug and remove your original PCM
- 5.Install our custom PCM into your truck and plug it in, re-install battery.
- 6.With your FDRS establish vehicle communications when is shows a 2 vins procced with the one on the PCM then go to PATS and enter the security module and perform a parameter reset, DO NOT FLASH THE PCM. You must then code the injectors with IQA codes for correct flow values. The Codes can be found on the EGR cooler on the passenger side.
- 7.Unplug your EGR Valve & Throttle Body Connectors.
- 8.Install Your CAC Shift on the fly switch.
- 9.You are now ready to enjoy your truck
- 10.With the FDRS perform a Vehicle Relearn
Vin mismatch maybe present please leave as if, it will not affect your truck.
PCM CAN NOT BE FLASHED BY DEALER GOING FORWARD
YOU KEEP YOUR 2022 PCM AND CAN BE RE USED WITH PERFORMING ANOTHER PAREMTER RESET
We also recommend installing the PCM before doing any other mods like the exhaust.
Video instructions available at https://youtu.be/8TgWHCGWX1s